Our 8th grade promotion will look differently this year due to COVID19 gathering restrictions. Below are special instructions prepared, in collaboration with the Mission and the San Xavier District to ensure everyone’s safety!
1. 1 Vehicle per 8th grade student.
2. All 8th grade students MUST wear a mask and gloves to receive her/his Certificate
3. All other persons in the vehicle MUST always REMAIN IN THE CAR during the ceremony.
4. Honking of horns encouraged when students are called out to receive their certificates. This will happen between where cars are parked, and the podium is set up. Persons will be available to help direct 8th graders.
• 4th Quarter Ends: May 15th for 8th grade. May 20th all other grades.
• Summer School T.B.A.
• Pima County Administrator Chuck Huckleberry announced the hiring of Dr. Theresa Cullen as the new county Public Health Director, effective June 1.
Dr. Cullen’s experience includes a long medical and public health career beginning as a family practice physician for the Indian Health Service in San Carlos, Arizona, and subsequently at San Xavier and Sells, Arizona, where she eventually became the Clinical Director. For more about Dr. Theresa Cullen, please visit https://webcms.pima.gov/cms/One.aspx?portalId=169&pageId=569787
STAFF & FACULTY
School Phone: 520.294.0628
Father William Minkel OFM Pastor
Mrs. Vanessa Rothstein Principal
Ms. Laura Verdugo Assistant Administrative
TBA Scholarship Manager
TBA Nurse/Health Clerk
Ms. Maria “Cindy” DeBro Parish/School Business Manager
Mr. Daniel Yrigolla Maintenance Tech
Mrs. Robin Camacho Cafeteria Manager/Food Program Coordinator
Ms. Elizabeth Boswell Bus Driver
Sr. Carla Riach Education/Compliance Officer
Sr. Rachel Sena Director of Religious Education/Parish
Mr. Randel Myers Kindergarten
TBA 1st Grade
TBA 2nd Grade
Mr. Justin Murphy 3rd Grade
TBA 4th Grade
Ms. Odelia Francisco 5th Grade
Ms. Marisa Acosta 6th Grade HR,
Middle School Science & Math
TBA 7th Grade HR,
Middle School Religion & Social Studies
Mrs. Jackie Kroskob 8th Grade HR,
Middle School Language Arts
Ms. Edith Manuel (K-5) Tohono O’odham Language,
Mr. Arturo Lopez Physical Education/Athletic Director
Sr. Rosalyn Muraski Intervention Specialist
Ms. Loretta Pablo Paraprofessional
firstname.lastname@example.org Loretta Pablo ParaProfessional
San Xavier Mission School - 1980 W. San Xavier Rd, Tucson, AZ 85746
May 14th 2020
Our New Principal -- Vanessa Rothstein
San Xavier Mission School community welcomes Mrs. Vanessa Rothstein, our new Principal. Mrs. Rothstein, a native of Nogales, AZ, has worked for the Diocese of Tucson since July 1, 2012 as Principal of Sacred Heart Catholic School.
While there she started a Gifted Program and a Special Education Program, along with summer programs that included a film, Camp Invention (STEM), chess, dance, art, and remediation classes.
Mrs. Rothstein is humbled by her calling to the field of education in service to all of God’s children and looks forward to getting to know the San Xavier Mission School community, its children, and families.